1.05.2013

Why Stop At Ten? TWELVE Personal Commandments

One of my favorite books, the and one that inspired me to start this blog, is Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project. If you haven't yet read it, DO. She has a terrific blog by the same name, which I also highly recommend. She writes a little something everyday, and it's a great quick check in for taking care of yourself. 


Gretchen Rubin - The Happiness Project

One of my favorite things she suggests in her book is writing your own Twelve Personal Commandments. These aren't meant to be a to do list, or resolutions, but instead overarching themes that you want to live your life by. Here are Gretchen's...with links to explanations on her blog about each one if you'd like to explore deeper.



On the blogpost where she writes about this subject, lots of people have chimed in on comments with their own lists, including me. They are fun to read, and inspiring too. I think it's a great exercise for figuring out, and remembering, what is important to you.

So, on that note, here is my list.
  • Be here now.
  • Live in Gratitude.
  • Breathe.
  • Everything is a miracle.
  • Work hard. Be kind.
  • Choose happiness.
  • Show up. Do the work. Don't be attached to the results.
  • Be authentic.
  • Eat healthy. Move.
  • Hug my girl.
  • Open my heart.

I'd love to see all of your lists in the comment section. I am so inspired by women who are trying to make their lives better, to add meaning and depth, to grow and create. To be good mamas and wives and artists and businesspeople and friends. So, please, do share! We'll all benefit from your wisdom:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...