12.28.2012

My Start 2013 Off Right, 30 Day Blogging Challenge

I am a big believer in New Years Resolutions.  They are a reset button for me, a time to take stock, a chance to begin again, fresh and new. Sometimes I'm relaxed about them, and other times determined and detailed. Usually they don't last for a tremendously long time, but it feels wonderful to get back on track, in a groove where I feel I belong.

This year, I'm feeling mighty ambitious. Maybe it's the time off work that has cleared space in my brain, maybe it's the full and gorgeous moon, maybe it's too many desserts. But whatever, I'll take it.

And just in case my list of ten things (each with subcategories) isn't enough, I made myself a spreadsheet. Yep, color coded in Excel and everything. Type A much?

One of the things I'm determined to do is get over the voice in my head that stops me from writing. The one that says, "You aren't good enough," and "Why should you write a blog when there are a million other people already doing the same thing?" And, "Really, who cares what you have to say about your simple little life." And then I google stats like "100,000 new blogs are created EACH DAY, just on Wordpress, as of 2011." Not helpful. It gets overwhelming if I think about it too much. And then I'm paralyzed and another day goes by and I don't write.

So, one of my resolutions is to post each day for thirty days. And not worry so much about WHAT I write about, or if it's good enough, or interesting enough, but just do it.

So, if you are one of my lovely readers, please bear with me. Feel free to read or not, and if it's ridiculous I apologize ahead of time. But maybe, just maybe, it will be freeing and will bring some fun things to the surface that really are worth sharing.

And if not, at least I can check that box on my pretty spreadsheet.

How do you feel about resolutions? Please do share.


3 comments:

  1. Hooray for the reset button! My resolutions are in the works. No spreadsheets though. I keep them on an aesthetically displeasing piece of notepaper. (It's purposefully distracting.) The list stays pinned by my computer forcing me to think on it every day.

    Cheers to the year Lucky 13! May it be prosperous and joyful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and congratulations on getting an early start on your blogging resolution! I look forward to reading all month long. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of keeping your list right on your computer...there are definitely days when I'd much prefer not to confront mine! Thanks for the kind words:)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...